Welcome. This is an unofficial blog for Beaconsfield squash club.
Here you'll be able to access info about team matches, keep tabs on divisional positions,
and get updates on squash and racketball events and any forthcoming social activity.
It could also be the place to start (and end) rumours, and indulge in healthy banter.
There's bound to be the odd thing that offends; but that's alright isn't it, us being adults?
If you're truly miffed just email me and I'll remove the offending article.
You'll also be able to post a blog yourself; I am your host so, simply email me your piece/rant/match report/poetry/recipe for tripe to:
trev@lisacottage.demon.co.uk
I'll put it up 'in the cloud' and folk will then be able to comment or heckle...
So come on, email your pieces or add your comments below what is already posted there.

Thursday 8 December 2011

Super 2nds v Bulls (7/12/11) (The 'Beast' Bites Back)



Now that the dust has settled; I've taken a fair bit of stick about this so feel it reasonable to have my brief but uninterupted say about Tuesday's shenanigans with Bob The Marker... 
I know that I have 'previous', but, much as I love him, Bob and I have 'history' too; ours is a special relationship; Mr Heard fluffs himself up as the offiscious headmaster whilst I assume the role of naughty school boy. For me it's a difficult dance with an inevitable outcome; it becomes not about the players of the game but about the marking; with the marker keen to impose his will, invariable by reveling in making those 'difficult' decisions... 
I take no pleasure in it; which is why, when asked afore that match if I was "up for it" I replied, "Definitely, as long as Bob's not marking.' 
I should have known better than to mention it really.
Stick a pin in the piggy and it squeals.
Quelle suprise!
No surprise therefore that my vision was clouded and the red mist descended when Bob was handed the marking board with a wink and a chuckle.
I'm not blameless but I do know the nature of the beast (moi)... I also know that our beloved chairman doesn't see it any way but his own (and fair play to that confident parade) but there were a couple of undeniable stinkers early on that produced the inevitable response.
Yup, I did ask for a change of marker, I even said 'please'.
I was told to 'f*ck off'.
So, you can't say I didn't warn you, a car crash foreseen but flashing lights ignored.


Not much pleasure there and my main regret is that I do think that Gazza and I were up for it (we're both playing well at the moment) and the game's enjoyment was compromised before we even really got started. I'm sorry that my predictable histrionics rattled him as well.
Indeed, well done to the boy for keeping his head amidst all of the nonsense.

More importantly, it was a great evening of closely contested squash with some cracking match ups.
James and Natalie proving that the future's bright with an awesome display of cat, mouse and tiger.
Coops coming back so strongly against Mearsy, the comeback kid.
Captain Kangaroo's valiant effort agin the hefty ringer.
The Camel's gracious capitulation to a brutally effective display by 'Fruit & Nut' Guildersleve.
The hard earned points put us mid table, one point behind Chesham Bois Upstarts who we play in the last match of the year, at home, next Tuesday.
7.30 KO.
Should be fun...
Oh, and if you want to know how to use the 'comments' button below, ask The Camel.

3 comments:

  1. Trevor,
    All the "nonsense" was, and continues to be, created by you. I take great offence at your inference that I cannot mark properly and feel that you owe me an apology for your behaviour on the night and for your decision to go public with your rant.
    Bob Heard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob,
    I didn't infer that you couldn't mark properly, just that your 'style' wasn't for me.
    I guess that I continue to owe you an apology...
    Trev x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Gildersleve

    Rhino

    ReplyDelete