Welcome. This is an unofficial blog for Beaconsfield squash club.
Here you'll be able to access info about team matches, keep tabs on divisional positions,
and get updates on squash and racketball events and any forthcoming social activity.
It could also be the place to start (and end) rumours, and indulge in healthy banter.
There's bound to be the odd thing that offends; but that's alright isn't it, us being adults?
If you're truly miffed just email me and I'll remove the offending article.
You'll also be able to post a blog yourself; I am your host so, simply email me your piece/rant/match report/poetry/recipe for tripe to:
trev@lisacottage.demon.co.uk
I'll put it up 'in the cloud' and folk will then be able to comment or heckle...
So come on, email your pieces or add your comments below what is already posted there.

Wednesday 7 December 2011

Back Pages: 19/9/06 Turds v Booker 2

I found a dusty shoebox full of old match reports under the bed this morning.
I'll post the odd one or two on occasion just to remind us all that we were never as good (or funny) as we thought we were. 
The first one, a reminder that I was once a team captain and that WKP was once 'competitive'...

19/9/06  3rds v Booker 2. Lost 1-4 (9-19)

Kevin 'spanner in the works' Mears (Lost 1-3) 
Well beaten by a big nameless brute. 
Mears has always been over-ranked  and over-rated. 
Dropped!

St John 'glad to be ginga' Dyson (Won 3-1) 
With a new attitude and diet (the weight off his mind, and hips) St John applied himself manfully to the task. The main contest was in seeing who could out-sneer who at the hapless marker (not me); St John's 'sour lemon'  winning hands down over Fraser's 'f**k you lesser mortals' pout.
Observation: it doesn't matter how much gel you put on it, it's still ginger!

Phil 'Mad Dog' Whittaker (Lost 1-3) 
A fairly routine victory for Dave once he had re-acquainted himself with Phil's eccentricities. 
The highlight of the match, frankly, was the marking (me).
Good luck with the op' Phil!

Trevor Jones (Lost 2-3) 
Despite outstanding recent form, which saw me dismantling 4th, 2nd and 1st team captains, in order, and all in one week (has that ever been done before?)  I was out- testosteroned by Nick who beat the s**t out of the ball. It was a beauty v beast type of encounter, my elegance and grace totally wasted on my opponent (and the gallery). Controversially foot-faulted after two minutes by Doctor Dave and never really regained my composure. Can only get better.

Stefan 'looby' Lubek (Lost 1-3) 
Stef, making his 3rd team debut, came out of the blocks like a coiled spring (if that's possible), blowing his opponent off court 9-1 in the first game with his power play. His low backhand drive is as awesome a shot as there is in our club! However, his wily oppo' slowed things down, and gradually got the better of Stef's youthful exuberance.
A lesson well learnt and money in the bank for young Lubek. A chip off the old block(s) and one for the future. Well played!

Team this week away to Chesham Bois
Chris Guidersleve
St John
Moi
WKP
Roger Taylor

Rumour has it the Wily Willie is driving, as long as folk don't mind delivering themselves to his front door! I'll believe it when I see it.

A reminder: if you don't want food (at home) you must give me (and the chef) 48 hours notice, otherwise you will have to pay full fee (£10) not half fee.
Away fee is always a tenner regardless of how much you eat or drink Sturge!

Cheers,
Trev.

No comments:

Post a Comment