Welcome. This is an unofficial blog for Beaconsfield squash club.
Here you'll be able to access info about team matches, keep tabs on divisional positions,
and get updates on squash and racketball events and any forthcoming social activity.
It could also be the place to start (and end) rumours, and indulge in healthy banter.
There's bound to be the odd thing that offends; but that's alright isn't it, us being adults?
If you're truly miffed just email me and I'll remove the offending article.
You'll also be able to post a blog yourself; I am your host so, simply email me your piece/rant/match report/poetry/recipe for tripe to:
trev@lisacottage.demon.co.uk
I'll put it up 'in the cloud' and folk will then be able to comment or heckle...
So come on, email your pieces or add your comments below what is already posted there.

Tuesday 3 April 2012

Gazza Manages Half Marathon (Stampie's Eaten All Mars Bars)

When Gazza emailed, bragging about finishing half a marathon in less than 2 hours I thought "that's a bit wasteful" (although I had a good idea of where he'd shoved the other half) and that he'd obviously never done the 'Digestive Challenge': 2 biscuits (digestive or hob nob; no brew allowed) eaten in one minute, tongue clear of ruffage; a feat impossble to all mortals, let alone a Greek God.
We'll both have excuses tonight now: me (bad back), Gazza (clenched buttocks trying to keep t'other half from dropping out of his shorts.) Don't folk do the strangest things?

Gazza runs the Berlin Half Marathon

"Like a perfect April fool I ran 13.1 miles on Sunday 1st April together with 30,000 others. Trevor will try to persuade you that the photo is of me looking for Lord Lucan or anyone else to play for the seconds!
Do I care? Berlin has a great energy and is a great weekend destination. I managed 1 hour 53 minutes and hope my body recovers for my much awaited return match with Trevor tonight. Sadly Bob is in Portugal but he will be marking via satellite! You have been warned!"

Gazza

No comments:

Post a Comment