Welcome. This is an unofficial blog for Beaconsfield squash club.
Here you'll be able to access info about team matches, keep tabs on divisional positions,
and get updates on squash and racketball events and any forthcoming social activity.
It could also be the place to start (and end) rumours, and indulge in healthy banter.
There's bound to be the odd thing that offends; but that's alright isn't it, us being adults?
If you're truly miffed just email me and I'll remove the offending article.
You'll also be able to post a blog yourself; I am your host so, simply email me your piece/rant/match report/poetry/recipe for tripe to:
trev@lisacottage.demon.co.uk
I'll put it up 'in the cloud' and folk will then be able to comment or heckle...
So come on, email your pieces or add your comments below what is already posted there.

Wednesday 8 February 2012

Super 2nds v Booker 2

Gazza writes:

After last week's 4-1 loss to Holmer Green 2 with Chris, Neil, Kevin and all losing but getting 2 points and Bob getting 1 (yes I was the only one to win) I went into last night’s match with an uneasy feeling inside.  
As I am injured (again) this report must take on a Headmaster’s tone in order to report the current malaise of the 2nd team. The match got off to a flyer when Duncan Swallow their captain texted me at 5.00pm to tell me that they were only bringing 4 players. 
Result! 
So I texted my team and told James Wyatt that he wouldn’t be needed. Little did I know that those 3 walkover points would represent 50% of the points we would win.

When I arrived to watch Bob he had already lost 0-3 to Tim Bark Jones getting 12 points and Kev had gone down (again) 2-3 (again). Well I thought Neil is my banker and Chris will beat Frazer who isn’t playing as much as before. Well, I marked Neil’s match and my banker turned into my *anker; he certainly doesn’t desrve a big bonus for “working hard”. Short of length, off balance and finding the tin an unwelcome friend Neil was starngely out of sorts and unable to turn things round. After a tight first game when, as normal, Neil called “One” he then lost the next rally. What are the stats on Neil’s “One” in terms of win/loss? Neil got 4 points in each of the next 2 games losing 0-3.

Chris started playing Frazer whilst I was marking Neil’s match but inbetween games I saw that Chris had lost the first 0-9. He did better in the 2ndgoing down 3-9 and went on to take the 3rd before losing the 4th 3-9. Chris lost 1-3 and did tell me he was still not injury free. So we lost 1-4 – thank you BSRC for the walkover points, we needed them!

I should have known what was to come when I saw Neil, Bob and Kev arrive in Neil’s new car! (Left)

Headmaster’s summary  

Kev – the losing streak and gut both need to go
Bob- the losing streak and gut both need to go
Neil- please find the animal inside again, is he or she hibernating?   

No comments:

Post a Comment