Welcome. This is an unofficial blog for Beaconsfield squash club.
Here you'll be able to access info about team matches, keep tabs on divisional positions,
and get updates on squash and racketball events and any forthcoming social activity.
It could also be the place to start (and end) rumours, and indulge in healthy banter.
There's bound to be the odd thing that offends; but that's alright isn't it, us being adults?
If you're truly miffed just email me and I'll remove the offending article.
You'll also be able to post a blog yourself; I am your host so, simply email me your piece/rant/match report/poetry/recipe for tripe to:
trev@lisacottage.demon.co.uk
I'll put it up 'in the cloud' and folk will then be able to comment or heckle...
So come on, email your pieces or add your comments below what is already posted there.

Thursday 2 February 2012

Bears v RAF

Captain Olly writes:


Following a harsh snap in the weather it was a cold night for all on Tuesday where we welcomed the RAF. Unfortunately for Magic, as he set his late feet through the doors (yes 820 is late!) his jaw dropped as he noticed his opponent Paul Cobbles (a guy that seems only to turn up versus Toby!) was raring to go.

First on was Jo Smalley at 4, she played the silver surfer Nigel Peters. With Jo it's either put up or shut up and fortunately she "shut up" and put her energies into her running! Winning the first relatively easy, Nige came back to 2-2 but quality overcame everything else and she pulled it out of the bag. 

Keep it up Jo! 
3-2 Bears. 

At the same time the old vet Bullard was knocking up (and somehow making the ball colder). His opponent was Len Brettell. Steady Johnny was victorious in the first and raring to go in the second but then he stopped! Yes everything, line, length, running (I even had to check his pulse half way through the third). Unlucky John too much squash this week me thinks! 

RAF 1-3

The third match was of course me. Captain Olly. My opponent was Dick Taylor. Tall, reachy, perfect timing and the guy had the lot in abundance. I managed to grab the first through some early drops but the second game was a different matter. You need to be wary of this guy, he is good! He smashed me in the second and I thought (he has been winding me up and he gave me the first game!). How wrong I was. Hard work, running, running and more running I managed to win the next two games. Olly is back!! Bears 3-1.

Mr Egan was next in line. Playing Lee Cables at three. Whilst I didnt see the first three games I was monitoring the match at 1-2. Egan battled back to 8-8 and called 2. He won the serve back and was going for it! As hard and as low as his game was, Lee managed to get a return on it and get it back. The next point was won by RAF and at 8-9 it was S*it or bust. Knowing the Welsh have very little bottle I was predicting the outcome! A loose return by Andy forced Lee into playing a hard reverse boast and the game was over! Mr Egan needs a win under his belt to get back to winning ways! Unlucky. 

RAF 1-3.

Finally, Toby stepped onto court with a smiling Paul Warner. Paul who? Toby had him running all over the place and smashed him 9-6 (get in, the audience were in disbelief and shaking in their boots, their "banker" was getting done by our banker?!). "If only I could hold on to my game for the next two, we would be victorious" Toby pondered outside the court on his knees. Well, despite his best efforts and losing about 5 pints of sweat, he managed to accumulate 5 points out of the remaining 3 games. Too good was the verdict but a good point won. 

RAF 1-3.

So, overall we lost 2-3 but it was a great match. As we move into next week versus the Chesham old boys, Captain Fielding is back following a hip replacement last week and Mr Chapples is returning from some undercover business!! We may have to rest a few of the squad for that game!!

Olly   

No comments:

Post a Comment