Welcome. This is an unofficial blog for Beaconsfield squash club.
Here you'll be able to access info about team matches, keep tabs on divisional positions,
and get updates on squash and racketball events and any forthcoming social activity.
It could also be the place to start (and end) rumours, and indulge in healthy banter.
There's bound to be the odd thing that offends; but that's alright isn't it, us being adults?
If you're truly miffed just email me and I'll remove the offending article.
You'll also be able to post a blog yourself; I am your host so, simply email me your piece/rant/match report/poetry/recipe for tripe to:
trev@lisacottage.demon.co.uk
I'll put it up 'in the cloud' and folk will then be able to comment or heckle...
So come on, email your pieces or add your comments below what is already posted there.

Wednesday 23 November 2011

Super 2nds Ground High Flying RAF (22/11/2011)

Super 2nds v RAF

Report from Gareth Ashington 
(seen right on his holidays)

Unsurprisingly RAF field a team with 2 tache’s, one appropriate and the other absolutely not! Still Tony who was walloped by Trevor recently and insulted in the ensuing match report took all piss taking like a man!

First up was Kevin and Bob – Kevin played Lee Cobley who has that air of amiable military stiffness about him, and I am not referring to his shorts! Lee started at a tremendous pace and Kev was still dreaming of Las Vegas and Lee took it 9-2. Lee was unlikely to be able to keep going at the same pace and Kev began to slow the pace and throw in drops and boasts with the famous exaggerated drops, still working to the uninitiated after all these years! Kev took the next 3 games. 3-1 to Kev

Bob- Len Bettrell – I think I saw Len smile once all evening so playing Bob with all the banter, show boating etc was an interesting matchup. I was with Mick O’Sullivan on the gallery who commented on Bob’s hair – I thought Bob was ginger?! Bob is now the backbone of the team, playing good squash and gives everything each week to secure the win. Bob ran out 3-0 and put us 2-0 up in the match.

Next was Chris v the excellent Paul Warner who should be gracing Div 1. He turns out most weeks for RAF knowing that he won’t truly be tested (no dis-respect Chris) and what a good example that is! Chris lost the first 2 games to 4 points and managed to get 7 in the last. 3-0 to Paul.

Phillip C-Luck v Tony Ruddock – the young man with the tache – and a lefty! I didn’t see the match as I was playing at the same time. Phillip lost 3-1 in close games and is slowly getting the match sharpness again.

Gareth v Nige Peters – I had a feeling that I needed to win to secure the team win and took the first 9-1. The second was closer and I won that 9-5 by which time Nige was looking downcast. I managed to close out the 3rd 9-2. 3-0 to me.

Match score 3-2 and 14-7. 
The 2nd s v The Bulls is shaping up nicely for 6th December. 
James Wyatt is making his second team appearance for the 2nd’s. 
Highlight of the night? 
Trevor opening empty curry cartons!

No comments:

Post a Comment