Welcome. This is an unofficial blog for Beaconsfield squash club.
Here you'll be able to access info about team matches, keep tabs on divisional positions,
and get updates on squash and racketball events and any forthcoming social activity.
It could also be the place to start (and end) rumours, and indulge in healthy banter.
There's bound to be the odd thing that offends; but that's alright isn't it, us being adults?
If you're truly miffed just email me and I'll remove the offending article.
You'll also be able to post a blog yourself; I am your host so, simply email me your piece/rant/match report/poetry/recipe for tripe to:
trev@lisacottage.demon.co.uk
I'll put it up 'in the cloud' and folk will then be able to comment or heckle...
So come on, email your pieces or add your comments below what is already posted there.

Wednesday 23 January 2013

Q: What do you get when a Chicken screws a Fox?

So, I was 2-0 down, struggling for form. 7-2 down in the 3rd and eyeing a demoralizing defeat. I'd earlier confessed to Napoleon that "if I can't win at 5 against The Old Codgers I might as well sell my racket". I'd lost my shoes (later found in lost property) so was wearing the trainers of a man with feet the size of barges; Christ those things entered the court 5 minutes before I did! At least that gave me an excuse for failure didn't it? Anyway, at 7-2 down I made a mini comeback; got to 7 all and then, after a scrambling rally (at least 10 shots; the match's longest) I dropped the ball in the nick to go 8-7 up. As I stepped up to serve for a game that would surely lead to inevitable, glorious victory a whispering came from above.
"Trev, erm, Trev, could you play a 'let' on that?" 
"Uh?"
"I, erm, think that there might have been a dodgy pick up at the start of the rally"
Jeremy my opponent looked as puzzled at this intrusion as I did, an intrusion that even St Piggin would have thought twice about. Jeremy, realizing his good fortune mumbled 'yes please, thank you..." 
The gallery all looked at their shoes, I looked at my size 13s (laces undone), WKP just mugged and laughed.
No explosion I'm proud to say just a sanguine nod and an acceptance of the inevitability of it all.
We played a let and I lost the next 3 points and the match.
The Pig will write a full match report that I'm sure will muster 'understanding' for Cooper's bewildering benevolence.
Me? I shall be taking a dump in one of his shoes at the earliest possible opportunity.
Oh, and the racket's anyone's for a fiver...

Q: What do you get when a Chicken screws a Fox?
A: Not even a whispered apology...


No comments:

Post a Comment