Welcome. This is an unofficial blog for Beaconsfield squash club.
Here you'll be able to access info about team matches, keep tabs on divisional positions,
and get updates on squash and racketball events and any forthcoming social activity.
It could also be the place to start (and end) rumours, and indulge in healthy banter.
There's bound to be the odd thing that offends; but that's alright isn't it, us being adults?
If you're truly miffed just email me and I'll remove the offending article.
You'll also be able to post a blog yourself; I am your host so, simply email me your piece/rant/match report/poetry/recipe for tripe to:
trev@lisacottage.demon.co.uk
I'll put it up 'in the cloud' and folk will then be able to comment or heckle...
So come on, email your pieces or add your comments below what is already posted there.

Friday 9 March 2012

Match Report: Super 2nds v Bears

Bears Water Fallow Ground


Gazza v Jo

I didn't have a good feeling inside and played as nervously as Jo played well and I lost the first game. Clouds were appearing! Managed to take the next 2 games to calm the nerves and keep the vultures at bay who would have loved to see me lose to Jo. All went wrong in the forth with Jo closing it out and at 5-5 in the fifth I pictured Steve and Carol Smalley making a point of coming of coming into my office the next day and remarking smugly "Jo's playing well isn't she?" It was enough to spur me and I won the last game 9-6 I think.

Richard v Seb

A hum-dinger by all accounts which I didn't see but at 2-2 all Richard went 8-0 up in the 5th only for Seb to peg it back all the way to 8-8 and on for the win. Well done Seb, one to watch for ageing 40/50 year old, balding and overweight players. Most of the male membership then!

Chris v Toby Bear

An anti climax as Toby twisted his ankle I think during the 2nd game and Chris with endless running mercilessly put Toby out of his misery quickly to record a 3-0 win.

Neil v Ollie

Well, Neil just had too much in his tool-kit for Ollie - it wasn't pretty, it wasn't clever but Ollie seemed at a loss of how to get into each game. Neil won comfortably 3-0.

Kev v Dave

A good match with Dave playing well and up for battle. Kev spurred on my his poor stats on our team's results discovered that he did care about winning and he managed to win 3 close games to win 3-0,

4-1 win and 18-5 


Gareth

No comments:

Post a Comment