Welcome. This is an unofficial blog for Beaconsfield squash club.
Here you'll be able to access info about team matches, keep tabs on divisional positions,
and get updates on squash and racketball events and any forthcoming social activity.
It could also be the place to start (and end) rumours, and indulge in healthy banter.
There's bound to be the odd thing that offends; but that's alright isn't it, us being adults?
If you're truly miffed just email me and I'll remove the offending article.
You'll also be able to post a blog yourself; I am your host so, simply email me your piece/rant/match report/poetry/recipe for tripe to:
trev@lisacottage.demon.co.uk
I'll put it up 'in the cloud' and folk will then be able to comment or heckle...
So come on, email your pieces or add your comments below what is already posted there.

Friday 28 February 2014

Hat Club Nearly Sold Out!/Bulls v Bears Match tonight

Should be a good weekend:
Tonight we have a Bulls v Bears face-off.
These team matches are always competitive; sometimes there's blood on the walls!
Come share in the gory...
7.40pm start.
The likely line up (with my predictions) is:

The Pig v Poppa Guildersleve: A slogfest with a win to the Pig after some of the most unimaginative rallying ever witnessed at BSC: 3-2

Napoleon v Dave Fielding: Fielding embarrassingly over ranked. Does he rank himself? Not a great ranker if he does do the ranking himself... It'll all be over in 25 minutes; early bath and bar for Napoleon: 3-0

Monkey v Neil Davis: Neil's light is fading apparently; how the mighty are fallen... He might rise to the occasion but I doubt it. Could well make an early exit for a children's party or parent meeting... Monkey too strong for this feckless father: 3-1

Oli v Goldilocks: I haven't seen 'Stampy' perform for a while. He can be quietly effective, making the most of his modest skill set. Flatters to deceive; let's hope Oli has his squash head on. He's been playing some exquisite stuff lately but... we all know that he can suddenly morph into an indifferent state at the drop of a dummy so... This one could be interesting: 3-0 or 0-3

Me v Joe Bzxcwllszski: Joe twats the ball! What he lacks in finesse he more than makes up for in zestful endeavor. Last time we played I think I won, but only after I'd resorted to the dark arts. Has Joe developed some court smarts after his year with The Trojans? I hope not. Could be close: 3-2


Tomorrow evening we welcome Martin Stephenson to The Hat Club.

Last time I looked there were 4 tickets left, so thanks to all of you who are supporting these musical evenings.
I already have the next two lined up; news of that shortly.
Also news to tell soon about The Average Wrist Band's latest outing...

No comments:

Post a Comment