Welcome. This is an unofficial blog for Beaconsfield squash club.
Here you'll be able to access info about team matches, keep tabs on divisional positions,
and get updates on squash and racketball events and any forthcoming social activity.
It could also be the place to start (and end) rumours, and indulge in healthy banter.
There's bound to be the odd thing that offends; but that's alright isn't it, us being adults?
If you're truly miffed just email me and I'll remove the offending article.
You'll also be able to post a blog yourself; I am your host so, simply email me your piece/rant/match report/poetry/recipe for tripe to:
trev@lisacottage.demon.co.uk
I'll put it up 'in the cloud' and folk will then be able to comment or heckle...
So come on, email your pieces or add your comments below what is already posted there.

Friday 15 November 2013

Christmas Hat Club Special: Friday December 20th

Tickets are selling fast for our Christmas Hat Club.
We have but 40 left so, please, get your name down on the club clip board to be sure of a space for what is sure to be an evening of quality music with a seasonal twist. After two successful Hat Clubs we offer up a seasonal musical bird. And this bird ain't no turkey; she's the beautiful and very talented Lucinda Drayton.
Back in 1994 Lucinda wrote a number one hit single for Toni Di Bart, 'The Real Thing'. Luce is also well known for her work with the band 'Bliss', whose contemplative tones gathered many a fan of gentle, ambient fare. She has since gone on to pursue a successful solo career that integrates her spiritual life into her mellow, melodic muse.
Her music is now 'somewhere between Enya and Lorena Mckennit, with a bit of Joni Mitchell thrown in...". As Luce says, "for me this music is as honest as I can be about my journey and the experiences I have been lucky enough to have. Many of the lyrics feel like they are given to me rather than me writing them...often when I hear the songs being played while I am meditating I am also touched, as if I were listening to someone else... I could describe how our music has changed in terms of production and instrumentation but quite simply, it comes from a different place and has a different aim, it is made to open peoples' hearts and to bring beauty and peace and healing... I can't say more than this without becoming seriously cheesy... it speaks for itself."
Lucinda will be performing at The Hat Club with her partner Marcus Cliffe. 
Marcus has played with many fine folk, including Mark Knopfler, Sting and Rod Stewart
He also happens to be my musical partner too, we are the duo: Miracle Mile.
I'm posting a couple of tracks below; firstly Lucinda's evergreen 'A Hundred Thousand Angels' and then a performance by Marcus, Luce and band of 'Sit Right Here'.


No comments:

Post a Comment